Luxembourg Open 2018
- Nov 10 - 11, 2018
- Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Centre sociétaire et sportif
- 29 Rue de Strasbourg, 1839 Luxembourg
- Andrea Thull, Carlo Glod, Clément Cherblanc, Erik Akkersdijk, and Joe Theis
- WCA Delegate
- Manu Vereecken
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 70 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is €8 (Euro).
Registration fees won't be refunded under any circumstance.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators can attend paying an entry fee of €2 (Euro).
- Competitors attending only one day pay 8€. Competitors attending both days will pay 15€. The full price must be paid through the WCA site and the difference will be refunded to you.
- Guests pay 1€ per day (cash at the competition), but must be registered. Please enter the name of the guests in the comment section (add comment) during registration.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Philipp Weyer||5.81||6.81||Germany||5.81||7.21||8.16||6.03||7.18|
|2x2x2 Cube||Antonie Paterakis||1.68||1.77||Greece||1.80||2.74||1.68||1.80||1.72|
|4x4x4 Cube||Sebastian Weyer||23.61||24.45||Germany||23.91||25.15||23.61||25.71||24.30|
|5x5x5 Cube||Sebastian Weyer||49.65||51.70||Germany||55.22||49.93||51.66||49.65||53.50|
|6x6x6 Cube||Sebastian Weyer||1:35.52||1:43.70||Germany||1:45.96||1:49.61||1:35.52|
|7x7x7 Cube||Antonie Paterakis||2:59.76||3:14.54||Greece||2:59.76||3:27.41||3:16.46|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Sebastiano Tronto||24.16||DNF||Italy||24.16||31.44||DNF|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Philipp Weyer||11.46||12.71||Germany||11.56||13.28||11.46||13.30||14.65|
|Clock||James Molloy||7.05||8.09||United Kingdom||8.48||7.05||7.36||8.42||8.53|
|Skewb||Julio Perugorria Lorente||1.62||2.86||Spain||3.35||2.89||2.77||1.62||2.91|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||8:00.00||Top 40 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 20.00||Top 40 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:15.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:10.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||6:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||8:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|Clock||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 25.00|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 20.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 20.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Square-1||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Centre sociétaire et sportif.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Europe/Luxembourg.
Schedule for Saturday (November 10, 2018)
Schedule for Sunday (November 11, 2018)
|8:30||7x7x7 Cube||Combined Final||6:00||Best of 1/Mean of 3||8:00|
|9:30||6x6x6 Cube||Combined Final||4:00||Best of 1/Mean of 3||6:00|
|10:30||Introduction for new competitors|
|11:00||5x5x5 Cube||Combined First||2:10||Best of 2/Average of 5||4:00||24|
|12:00||3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Best of 3||15:00 cumulative limit|
|13:30||Megaminx||Combined Final||2:00||Best of 2/Average of 5||4:00|
|14:30||Skewb||Combined First||0:20||Best of 2/Average of 5||1:00||40 (max 75%)|
|15:15||Square-1||Combined Final||0:45||Best of 2/Average of 5||1:30|
|16:00||Clock||Combined Final||0:25||Best of 2/Average of 5||1:00|
|16:30||Skewb||Final||-||Average of 5||1:00|
|17:15||5x5x5 Cube||Final||-||Average of 5||4:00|
|8:00||Registration||Introduction for new competitors|
|8:30||4x4x4 Cube||Combined First||1:15||Best of 2/Average of 5||3:00||40 (max 75%)|
|9:30||Pyraminx||Combined First||0:20||Best of 2/Average of 5||1:00||40 (max 75%)|
|10:15||2x2x2 Cube||Combined First||0:20||Best of 2/Average of 5||1:00||40 (max 75%)|
|11:15||3x3x3 Cube||First Round||-||Average of 5||8:00||40|
|13:15||3x3x3 One-handed||Combined Final||0:45||Best of 2/Average of 5||1:00|
|14:15||3x3x3 Cube||Second Round||-||Average of 5||1:00||12|
|15:00||Pyraminx||Final||-||Average of 5||1:00|
|15:45||4x4x4 Cube||Final||-||Average of 5||3:00|
|16:30||2x2x2 Cube||Final||-||Average of 5||1:00|
|17:00||3x3x3 Cube||Final||-||Average of 5||1:00|
- The venue is close to the Luxembourg main train station (Gare centrale de Luxembourg) (walking distance ca. 450m) with many food places and shops nearby.
- If you come by car, there are a few paid car parks nearby, the closest being "Fort Wedell". You can find the location and prices of the different car parks here . Look for "Parkings dans le quartier de la Gare".
- We suggest however, that you park at the Parking Bouillon which is free for 24 hours and take public transport or walk (ca. 20 minutes) to the venue. Alternatively, there is Parking Glacis (free on weekends) which is further away from the venue.
- For information and schedules of public transport in Luxembourg visit www.mobiliteit.lu. Bus stops near the venue are "Luxembourg Gare centrale", "Luxembourg/Centre, Paris/Zitha" (Place de Paris) and "Centre, Etats-Unis".
We've reached our competitor limit of 70!
There is however a waiting list! Once someone cancels, we will contact the first person on the list.
If you are on the waiting list: please only pay the registration fee once there is an open spot available and we contacted you! You will then get a few days to pay the free before we move on to the next person on the list.
Date of registration has priority over date of payment.
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.